Friday, July 30, 2021

MFA Corporate Connections Entry: Mind The Glass Mixed Media

I am very excited to have finished a mixed media artwork featuring a print of my Mind The Glass digital painting. The print used is a one of one limited edition print made via darkroom processing on Kodak Professional Endura Metallic Paper and framed behind non-reflective UV museum glass, which protects the print from photodegradation while appearing invisible (Thank you C A Fowkes Framing for providing me with the glass I needed with 20 minutes notice!). Found object glass and mirror shards (retrieved from an auto- and other glass sourcing and replacement business local to me, thank you Economy Glass) are affixed to the museum glass, and seemingly to the print itself, over top of the painted images of glass shards into the print, making them into real objects. The shattered glass spills out of the print and onto the frame (and also includes purchased craft crushed glass nuggets). I extended the  background of the digital painting print by painting it out onto the frame using acrylic paint, and am very pleased with how well I was able to match the colors. 

I have submitted this artwork along with a giclee print of Herman Goes Sailing for consideration to the Maryland Federation Of Art's upcoming Corporate Connections exhibition. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after approval by the administrator….