Saturday, July 3, 2021

MFA Rising Tides Entry + Huh!

So… I got an An Apple A Day email last night with my latest post that said that wasn’t going to happen anymore. They said July, so I though they meant the beginning of July. 🤷🏻‍♀️ In any case, the point is I was told to expect it to stop amd wanted to warn you and invite you to follow me on Instagram and Facebook. 

In other mews, I finished and submitted this 10x14” acrylic painting to the Maryland Federation of Art’s “Rising Tides” call for art. The theme is the effects of sea level rise on Annapolis. My painting depicts the iconic McGarvey’s Oyster Bar & Restaurant as operating from its second story a(and having added an additional story and connected buy a pedestrian bridge to a neighboring block of buildings that has become topped with a green area park. Parking is by boat only and piers with slips now jut out from each building. It was a lot of fun and I’m excited to see if it is chosen. I’m really in love with it and it’s doggo, colorful people. And impressionist boars. 


Second Story: McGarvey’s Dockside Dining By The Park
10x14” acrylic

Detail





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after approval by the administrator….